This content has been archived. It may no longer be relevant
Perseverance Theatre (PT) in Juneau, Alaska, seeks a Technical Director (TD) to join a growing team for the 2014-15 season. PT produces five plays annually on its mainstage in both Juneau and Anchorage, education program productions, and has just launched an experimental summer festival in Juneau. The TD is responsible for pre-production work with designers and artistic staff, planning budgets and time for builds, working hands-on with builds, planning and executing transfers of productions from Juneau to Anchorage, and being a leader within the production team and theatre staff. The TD reports to the Executive Director and works closely with the Production Manager. The production team includes a full time Assistant TD, Company Stage Manager, and Shop Intern, plus contracted electrician, painter, audio Engineer, properties, stage managers, and over hire. The TD must be adept at working with USA designers with MFA training, and Alaska-grown designers. This is a full time, 12-month salaried position with paid annual leave and health benefits, salary commensurate with the industry. EOE. Full position description and more information at PTAlaska.org Email resume, cover letter and contact for 3 references to: Info@Perseverancetheatre.org
[learn_more caption=”Job Description”]
The Technical Director is responsible for executing scenic designs for productions in Juneau and Anchorage for mainstage, Summerfest, and educational productions.
- Serve as a resource for designers during pre-production and production work, review scenic designs prior to production and provide labor and cost estimates to the artistic staff.
- Develop the build schedule and oversee construction and load-in of sets. Help to coordinate other technical elements related to production.
- Track and account for production expenditures.
- Supervise and collaborate with the Assistant Technical Director to maintain operations in multiple locations, such as the off-site scene shop or load-ins in Anchorage for statewide runs.
- Participate in artistic, production, and/or technical meetings and rehearsals as needed to execute the design and maintain safe conditions.
- Maintain shows during runs, and strike main-stage productions.
- Supervise the production work of the production intern(s) and coordinate with the Director of Education the overall experience of the production intern(s).
- Directly Supervise appropriate production staff.
- Maintain the safe and clean operation of the stage, shop and all production facilities.
- Train staff in safe operation of tools, equipment and scenery used in PT productions.
- Assist staff in developing a production volunteer plan, and to further aid in implementing it.
- Facility upkeep as needed.
- Drafting, especially CAD
- Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Knowledge of theatrical methods of construction in Steel, Aluminum, and Wood
- Theatrical rigging methods
- Lighting systems including ETC Ion and Express consoles
- Audio systems including Allen and Heath I live
- Valid Drivers license and clean record
- Light Physical plant maintenance
To Apply, send a resume, cover letter and contact info for three references that can speak to your work
Applications will be opened beginning July 28 and the position will be filled as soon after that time as possible.[/learn_more]