At Perseverance Theatre, our commitment to excellence and passion for making Alaskan theatre drives our hiring process. We are comprised of individuals who believe in teamwork, diversity, ingenuity, and talent. Current opportunities if available are posted below. We look forward to receiving your application.
PART TIME BOX OFFICE MANAGER
part-time, non-exempt position
Alaska’s Perseverance Theatre seeks unique individual to run our box office. Responsible for assisting with grass-roots sales strategy; Box Office and Front of House management. Will work with Managing Director and Associate General Manager to ensure timely processing of all ticket sales, and above average customer service. Ideal candidate has sales experience, excellent people skills, is detail orientated, and can set and meet aggressive goals and get people excited about coming to the theatre. This position is best suited for a highly communicative, community-minded, and collaborative team player who has a passion for the arts.
- Work with Managing Director to coordinate ticketing promotions and group sales
- Developing co-marketing opportunities with partners
- Work with budget and monitor income goals (ticket sales)
- Be the primary point of contact for the ticketing CRM (Choice), and be responsible for maintaining accurate information in the platform
- Work with Associate General Manager to create, manage, and execute Subscription sales
- Work with staff and interns to manage incoming ticket orders
- Work with Managing Director to oversee Front of House staff to ensure high level customer experience
- Communicate with season subscribers and individual ticket buyers
- Excellent communication, analytical, and leadership skills.
- Computer knowledge including Microsoft Excel, Word, and Powerpoint
- Experience with POS ticketing system preferred (PT uses Choice)
- Valid Driver’s license (ability to drive manual transmission preferred)
Perseverance Theatre is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other legally protected status. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.
POSITION START DATE: October, 2019
SALARY: commensurate with experience – Part time
TO APPLY: Please e-mail cover letter, resume, and references to Managing Director, Frank Delaney, firstname.lastname@example.org No phone calls please.
Full Time Exempt Position
Perseverance Theatre is seeking a dynamic and visionary Artistic Director to serve in beautiful Southeast Alaska. The Artistic Director will oversee the artistic vision and direction of the theatre while working collaboratively with the Managing Director, board and staff.
Perseverance Theatre is a non-profit professional theatre located across from Alaska’s capital city of Juneau on scenic Douglas Island. Founded in 1979 by Molly Smith, the theatre’s mission is the creation of professional theatre by and for Alaskans. Our core values are community engagement, cross-cultural collaboration, professional rigor, and regional voice. Typical seasons offer contemporary, classic, and diverse new productions with ongoing creative partnerships, special projects, and community programs that provide unique opportunities for novice and expert alike. The theatre not only has boasted over 60 world premieres, but is an integral place in the Alaskan cultural and national arts scene.
The Artistic Director shapes the theatre’s work, including mainstage productions, special projects, tours, educational programs, and outreach programs. Primary duties include assessing the theatre’s capabilities; selecting the season’s productions and programs; employing actors, designers, and technical staff; setting production schedules; and with the Managing Director, organizing budgets and charting the theatre’s financial course. The Artistic Director serves as spokesperson and advocate for the theatre before funders, the media, and the public. The Artistic Director will be a dynamic leader who can work with the Managing Director to articulate the theatre’s vision and direction and fuel the ongoing life of the theatre.
- Plan the season (Mainstage & Second Stage)
- Select & hire all artists
- Establish & maintain artistic standards & quality for productions
- Set artistic goals for the company
- Work as an artist & teacher within the company
Strategy & Assessment
- Hold the theatre accountable to its mission & values
- Identify opportunities to advance the theatre’s strategic goals
- Facilitate annual strategic planning w/ Board & staff
- Establish & assess benchmarks w/ Board & staff
- Develop long-range financial planning & assessment with MD
Operations & Oversight
- Hire, supervise, and evaluate senior staff w/ MD
- Maintain internal communications between staff, artists, & contractors
- Works with senior staff to meet budget goals
- Maintain relationships with artists locally, statewide, & nationally
- Represent the theatre to the public & media
- Communicate the theatre’s vision to funders & inspire them to give
- Engages with the Perseverance Theatre community
Board of Directors Development & Support
- Reports to Board
- Attend Board meetings & prepares Board-requested information
- Attend committee meetings as requested by the Board
- Support strategic planning at the Board level
- Master’s Degree in Theater Arts or the equivalent in relevant experience and education
- Excellent communication, community building, analytical, and leadership skills
- A personal practice as an artist, preferably as an actor and/or director
- Directing experience
- Knowledge of/experience with IATSE and AEA rules and regulations
- Knowledge of/experience with fundraising, grant writing, and working within a community
- Familiarity with Alaskan theatre community
Perseverance Theatre is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other legally protected status.
Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.
POSITION START DATE: Fall, 2019
SALARY: Mid - upper 50’s, commensurate with experience – Full Time, Exempt position with relocation assistance available.
*please note the clarification to include reference letters. Modified July 12, 2019.
TO APPLY: Please e-mail cover letter, resume, and three reference letters* to the Search Committee email@example.com.
No phone calls please.