2023-24 Season - Production / Stage Management Apprenticeship
PERSEVERANCE THEATRE, Alaska's largest professional theatre, is seeking a qualified apprentice for our 2023-2024 season in the areas of production and stage management. Under the leadership of Artistic Director Leslie Ishii and Managing Director Frank Delaney, Perseverance produces musical, contemporary, and world premiere productions in Juneau and Anchorage. Perseverance is committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive community of staff and apprentices, and individuals from under-represented groups are strongly encouraged to apply. Apprenticeships will run roughly August 2023 through April 2024. A $200 weekly stipend, housing, travel, and local transportation will be provided.
PRODUCTION / STAGE MANAGEMENT APPRENTICE
The Production/Stage Management Apprentice will work with the Associate Producer, Visiting Stage Managers, and other staff to assist in coordinating production. They will work as the Assistant Stage Manager on at least two productions. They will also assist with other administrative and technical elements of the season. Other professional development opportunities will be provided based on interest and strengths.
- Training with Production Manager and Associate Producer on scheduling and communications between cast, creative teams, staff, and technicians
- Preparing production paperwork, organizing processes, and conducting special research
- Training with and working alongside tech departments to gain understanding of their operations
- Training with professional stage managers and gaining the skills necessary to manage a professional production
- Serving as assistant stage manager on at least 2 mainstage productions
- Assisting with prep or execution on non-mainstage events throughout the year as requested
- Assisting company management with Airport pick-ups, housing upkeep, communications, or car maintenance.
- Administering general office tasks, including answering the main phone lines, directing calls, and selling and exchanging tickets. Participating in all-staff meetings/work calls (cleaning, events, production work, strike, etc.)
Directly reports to: Associate Producer
Also may report to: Visiting Stage Managers, other technical and production staff as assignments require
Perseverance prides itself on collaboration and on-the-job learning. The apprentices at Perseverance Theatre will work directly with staff members to train in their area of focus and of all operations in this professional regional theatre. All positions at Perseverance Theatre complete duties separate from their area of focus. This might include general office tasks, other production tasks, cleaning, strike, manual labor, etc. Perseverance is fostering an organizational culture led by our values of Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion. Individuals from groups not well-represented in the theatre field are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com
To apply, please submit a cover letter and a resume (including 3 references) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line
“2023/24 Production/Stage Management Apprenticeship”. Applications are due by April 16, 2023.