This content has been archived. It may no longer be relevant
Seasonal Scenic Artist
Perseverance Theatre seeks a part-time seasonal scenic artist to join the production team in Juneau.
The scenic artist will paint all scenery for mainstage productions. Experience with a variety of techniques and painting styles is required. The scenic artist will maintain safe shop practices, including all relevant fire safety policies and procedures. Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, and maintaining a flexible attitude towards evolving production needs. The scenic artist will report to the technical director of the theatre.
• Painting the set according to the scenic designer’s design;
• Working closely with volunteers and other Perseverance Theatre employees;
• Working with the technical director and production manager to develop realistic deadlines and work schedules for the show including coordination of stage time with the technical director;
• Providing paint samples as needed or requested;
• Assisting the technical director in tracking paint expenditures for the production;
• Managing all the equipment and expendables on site. This includes arranging to rent or borrow equipment and coordinating with the technical director to order paint and other expendables;
• Cleaning and properly storing any unused equipment prior to first preview.
This position closes June 30, 2014. Please submit a resume and cover letter to
firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.