Perseverance Theatre, a nonprofit regional theatre company based out of Juneau, AK, seeks a Costume Shop Manager to join our team for the 2018-19 season. Must be hands on and excited about a wide range of work. Staff includes a part time assistant, overhire, and volunteers. If qualified, some design work is possible. Salary commensurate with experience. Planning, drafting, and draping experience are a must, as well as excellent communication and time management skills.
Costume Shop Manager Duties Include:
- Constructing, pulling from stock, borrowing, and purchasing of all costume elements for the production;
- Costume fittings and alterations;
- Supervising hourly stitchers, wardrobe crew, and volunteers;
- Tracking the costume budget for the production;
- Participation in production meetings and rehearsals as requested or required;
- Attendance at dress rehearsals and preview performances as needed;
- Participation in rehearsing costume changes;
- Availability for consultation by phone following the opening performance for the purposes of maintaining the costumes;
- Help staff to maintain the safe and clean operation of the costume shop, dressing rooms, and laundry room.
The successful Candidate will:
- Have strong sewing and draping skills:
- Communicate well;
- Be an outgoing self-starter;
- Be able to utilize a small work space effectively;
- Be well organized and tidy;
- Meet deadlines;
- Develop and maintain a schedule;
- Keep clear and up-to-date records.
Position is Full Time Exempt, salary DOE. Candidates who relocate will receive modest relocation support and interim housing.
Candidates should email cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com, applications will be reviewed as received.