Arts Administration Intern
Reports to: Director of Operations and Development Director
Employment Status: Unpaid Internship, Stipend Provided
- Under supervision and mentorship of the Director of Operations or the Development Director, based on area of interest, this position will assist in development and company management related activities. Intern with work in both departments but area of focus will depend on interest of applicant.
- Monday-Friday 9:00am-5:30pm
- Flexible work schedule including nights and weekends as needed to assist in coverage of special events, fundraisers, artist liaison needs, and other office coverage.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in finding, booking and communicating artist travel and housing;
- Assist in tracking of budgets and expenses for artist travel, housing and transportation;
- Assist in upkeep of company vehicles;
- Assist in creation and distribution of correspondence to donors;
- Assist in planning and implementation of donor events;
- Assist in coordinating board and artists participation in fundraising activities;
- Assist in fundraising activities related to fundraisers, raffle, and/or annual campaign;
- Assist in grants research and preparation;
- Assist in entering and maintaining donor, artist and patron information in our CRM database;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable work experience;
- Meticulous attention to detail;
- Ability to multi-task both large and small scale projects simultaneously;
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal and/or customer service skills;
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft and Mac environments;
- Driver’s license preferred, but no mandatory.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Long hours of desk work, driving, walking, standing;
- Ability to focus in a small and noisy office environment.