By Rachel Atkins, Based on the book by Sheila Kelly
June 22 – July 3
On the Mainstage in Juneau
In 1916, no one knew the booming town of Treadwell–home to the largest gold mine in the world–was on the brink of its ultimate destruction. In one momentous year, as infrastructure crumbles, fires rage, and war looms, young engineer George Barnett arrives in the territory of Alaska with “guts and genius,” not expecting to fall in love or carry the safety of the miners and the town on his shoulders. Treadwell Gold is inspired by the book of historical nonfiction by Sheila Kelly and based on real people and events. Treadwell Gold takes us to a time when science and engineering were looked to with faith that progress was always an option and engineering could always make our lives better.Buy Tickets
Become a Super-Subscriber
- COME BACK ANYTIME FOR FREE! Only Super Subscribers have access to this amazing benefit–want to see a show again? You can at no charge, space available. Come back with a friend who hasn’t seen it yet! Return to as many shows as you want, as many times as you’d like!
- Best Seats/Priority Seating – Subscribers have access to the best seats available and have priority for upgrades upon renewal
- Ticket Exchange – Ability to exchange tickets to any night of the same value with no additional service charge.
- Lost Ticket Insurance – Lost or forgotten subscriber tickets can be reprinted at no charge.
- Bring-A-Friend – Perseverance half-off “Companion Fare” coupons with every package.
- Exclusive invitations to meet the artists involved.
- Additional discounts and email notifications about selected special events at the theatre.
In addition, we value your input and look forward to talking to you over the season about what you think. You are part of our team!
Support Perseverance Theatre
FOURTH DECADE FUND
In 2010, Perseverance Theatre launched our Fourth Decade Plan to secure a future for professional theatre in Alaska by expanding audiences, re-investing in training, and employing Alaskan theatre artists. In 2014-2015, Perseverance will produce a full 5-play season in both Juneau and Anchorage, two of Alaska’s most populous cities. In 2010, we set a goal of raising a total of $1,000,000 in working capital to support this growth strategy. As of January 2014, we’ve raised over 94% of our goal, more than $947,000. Learn How You Can Make A Difference–>
WORLD CLASS THEATRE
Perseverance Theatre was born in 1979 in Juneau. It has since grown into a local, state, and nationally recognized institution producing world class theatre across the state of Alaska. With full seasons in Juneau and Anchorage, Perseverance now has capacity to reach more than half the state’s population. Learn More–>