Black Alaskan Art Matters
Black Alaskan Art Matters is a virtual art exhibition through Perseverance Theatre that aims to serve as an educational showcase for the vast terrain of Black artistic mediums living in Alaska. Visual, audio, performance and textile art are just a few of the varied mediums on display during this virtual experience during September 2020. Cultivating and providing space for Black artistic styles and leadership are ways the theatre can engage, uplift and amplify the Black voices of Alaska.
Please direct any submissions or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org, and include as much or as little information about yourself as you'd like. If you have one, please include a link to your CashApp, PayPal or Venmo so that any and all proceeds go directly to you.
- Limit of up to 3 submissions per artist
- Please include your name as you would like it to appear and any other information that you would like to accompany each piece
- Please include your Cashapp, Venmo, or Paypal information with your submission
- You are also welcome to include information on where to purchase your work (websites, store names, etc.) so that we can help promote you as an artist
- The type of accepted art is not limited to visual art and written word. For example, videos of dance performance and photos of hair and make-up design are perfectly acceptable submissions. If you have a question about whether something counts or not, it likely does, but you are also welcome to email email@example.com for more information
- This project is open to all Black artists located in the state of Alaska
Direct all submissions and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for submissions is August 23rd, 2020