Technical Direction Intern
Reports to: Technical Director
Employment Status: Unpaid Internship, Stipend Provided
- Under supervision and mentorship of the Technical Director, this position will learn from and participate in all mainstage builds, load-ins, transfers and load-outs of the Mainstage season and special projects.
- Monday-Friday 9:30am-5:30pm
- Flexible work schedule including nights and weekends as needed to assist in coverage of load-ins, technical rehearsals, load-outs, run-outs, special projects, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as a shop carpenter alongside the TD and ATD in fabricating scenic elements for each production.
- Practice safe work practices in line with PT policy.
- Complete individual projects as assigned in a timely manner.
- Act as run crew/props crew/etc on 3 production over the season.
- Oversee a load-in or entire projected as proven capable.
- Lead and/or assist departments as needed and capable.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable work experience.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Able to read and understand technical drawings.
- Carpentry skills and ability required. Welding, rigging and scenic artist skills are a plus.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Standing, walking, bending, frequent use of hands, stooping and heavy lifting (at least 50 pounds overhead) as needed.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.