Production Management Intern
Reports to: Director of Production
Employment Status: Unpaid Internship, Stipend Provided
- Under supervision and mentorship of the Director of Production, this position will assist in the management, tracking and facilitating of all production operations across PT’s two city producing season.
- Monday-Friday 9:30am-5:30pm
- Flexible work schedule including nights and weekends as needed to assist in coverage of load-ins, technical rehearsals, load-outs, run-outs, special projects, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in creation and maintenance of organizational calendar, production calendars and departmental calendars.
- Track and reconcile budgets and expenses for productions.
- Schedule and assist in the running of regular Production Meetings.
- Maintain inventories of tools, equipment and fixtures.
- Track consumables and coordinate orders across productions.
- Assist in contract creation, distribution and execution.
- Lead and/or assist departments as needed and capable.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable work experience.
- Diverse breadth of knowledge of production departments.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task both large and small scale projects simultaneously.
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft and Mac environments.
- Able to read and understand technical drawings.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Standing, walking, bending, frequent use of hands, stooping and lifting (at least 20 pounds overhead) as needed.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.