part-time, non-exempt position
Alaska’s Perseverance Theatre seeks a unique individual to run our box office. Responsible for assisting with grass-roots sales strategy; Box Office and Front of House management. Will work with the Managing Director and Associate General Manager to ensure timely processing of all ticket sales, and above-average customer service. The ideal candidate has sales experience, excellent people skills, is detail orientated, and can set and meet aggressive goals and get people excited about coming to the theatre. This position is best suited for a highly communicative, community minded, and collaborative team player who has a passion for the arts.
- Work with Managing Director to coordinate ticketing promotions and group sales
- Developing co-marketing opportunities with partners
- Work with budget and monitor income goals (ticket sales)
- Be the primary point of contact for the ticketing CRM (Choice), and be responsible for maintaining accurate information in the platform
- Work with Associate General Manager to create, manage, and execute Subscription sales
- Work with staff and interns to manage incoming ticket orders
- Work with Managing Director to oversee Front of House staff to ensure high level customer experience
- Communicate with season subscribers and individual ticket buyers
- Excellent communication, analytical, and leadership skills.
- Computer knowledge including Microsoft Excel, Word, and Powerpoint
- Experience with POS ticketing system preferred (PT uses Choice)
- Valid Driver’s license (ability to drive manual transmission preferred)
Perseverance Theatre is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other legally protected status. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.
POSITION START DATE: October, 2019
SALARY: commensurate with experience – Part time TO APPLY: Please e-mail cover letter, resume, and references to Managing Director, Frank Delaney, firstname.lastname@example.org No phone calls please.