2017 – 2018 Internships
Perseverance Theatre believes that theatre making is a practice. Therefore PT internships are set up to be immersive experiences in the craft of theatre making under the guidance and supervision of qualified mentors and trained theatre artists. This internship program is an unpaid educational opportunity that provides hands-on learning experience in a nationally recognized regional professional theatre. Interns are provided with a modest perdiem, furnished housing, transportation, and travel to Juneau to make the educational experience affordable. See below for more details on our season long internships and summer internship.
Perseverance Theatre Technical Director Intern
Reports to: Technical Director
Employment Status: Unpaid Internship, Stipend Provided
Summary: Under supervision and mentorship of the Technical Director, this position will learn from and participate in all mainstage builds, load-ins, transfers and load-outs of the Mainstage season and special projects.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 9:30am-5:30pm
Flexible work schedule including nights and weekends as needed to assist in coverage of load-ins, technical rehearsals, load-outs, run-outs, special projects, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Serve as a shop carpenter alongside the TD and ATD in fabricating scenic elements for each production.
• Practice safe work practices in line with PT policy.
• Complete individual projects as assigned in a timely manner.
• Act as run crew/props crew/etc on 3 production over the season.
• Oversee a load-in or entire projected as proven capable.
• Lead and/or assist departments as needed and capable.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree or comparable work experience.
• Meticulous attention to detail.
• Able to read and understand technical drawings.
• Carpentry skills and ability required. Welding, rigging and scenic artist skills are a plus.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
• Standing, walking, bending, frequent use of hands, stooping and heavy lifting (at least 50 pounds overhead) as needed.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.