MAKE GREAT ART. MAKE GREAT FRIENDS.
Volunteer opportunities are always available at the theatre. Whether you want to paint, help hang or focus lights, help build the sets, build props, sew costumes, or just help label envelopes. Most of our volunteer opportunities do not require you to have special skills, just a smile and the willingness to work.
Interested in volunteering? Fill out our Volunteer Questionnaire today!
- FACILITIES: Perseverance Theatre is an old building and there are often minor repairs and tasks, or even just cleaning the lobby before a show, that we could use an extra hand on.
- HOSPITALITY: With every season, Perseverance Theatre brings guest artists to Juneau. We are looking for volunteers interested in touring our visiting artists for a day or housing them for the length of their stay. We are always happy to trade tickets for hospitality.
- OFFICE & ORGANIZATION: Perseverance Theatre is a non-profit organization and we can always use a little extra help up in the office on tasks such as filing, data entry, and prepping mailings.
- OUTREACH: Ever notice Perseverance posters around town or table tents at a restaurant? Have you stopped by our table at the Juneau Public Market? Our outreach volunteers help make this happen. We are always looking for volunteers who can spare a few hours on an evening or weekend day to hang posters, deliver table tents, or assist at an event like the Public Market.
- PRODUCTION TEAM: Want to put your building or crafting talents to work with a team of artists? Perseverance is always interested in connecting with locals who have skills in carpentry, set building, painting, stitching, prop making, lights, sound or stage management.
- STRIKE: At the end of every show, it takes a dedicated crew to take down the set and prepare the stage for the next production. If you would like to join us for this kind of a workout, we would love the extra hands.
- USHERS: Perseverance Theatre is looking for ushers for the Mainstage Season. Our ushers help take tickets, hand out programs, sell concessions before the show and at intermission, and assist in picking up the house after the performance. Volunteer ushers receive free admission to the performances they assist with.
To get involved or to find out more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 907.364.2421 x222.