Stage Management Intern
Reports to: Director of Production
Employment Status: Unpaid Internship, Stipend Provided
- Under supervision and mentorship of the Director of Production and contracted professional Stage Managers, this position will assist in the smooth operations of performances in the Assistant Stage Management role with the opportunity to take on larger projects as proven capable.
- During rehearsals: Tuesday-Sunday 2:00pm-11:30pm
- During runs/between shows: Monday-Friday 9:30am-5:30pm
- Flexible work schedule including nights and weekends as needed to assist in coverage of performances, load-ins, technical rehearsals, load-outs, run-outs, special projects, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in creation and maintenance of Stage Management paperwork including but not limited to: Run Sheets, Tracking Sheets, Contact Sheets, Call Sheets, etc.
- Support and work with Stage Managers on productions as assigned.
- Tracking and running properties, scenic elements, costumes, etc. as needed for the successful excecution of a production.
- Lead and direct crews from 1 to 10 individuals in the completion of the above duties.
- Assist in production department calls as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable work experience.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task both large and small scale projects simultaneously.
- Clear, concise and empathetic communication skills.
- Attentive to the needs of others in supporting artists in working at their highest level.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft and Mac environments.
- Able to read and understand technical drawings.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Standing, walking, running, bending, frequent use of hands, stooping and lifting (at least 20 pounds overhead) as needed.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.